High Current Control
Rated 40A at 12vDC. MGI recommends sizing your relay / fuse at 1.25 x rated current for resistive loads and 2.5 x rated current for motor loads (fans & pumps).
- Terminals 85 & 86 connect to your switch and ground, while terminals 30 & 87 connect to your power supply and high-current load.
- Terminal 87a can also be used for normally closed operation.
The 5 pin socket comes pre-wired for easy installation.
- Simply crimp terminals onto the wires and connect them to your load.
- Interlocking sockets lets you add or subtract any number of relays with ease
High Quality Wire
Pre-wired relay harness with high-temperature color-coded GXL wire.
- Stranded copper in cross-linked polyethylene
- High heat tolerance — rated for temperatures up to 257°F (125°C)
- Thin GXL wall — flexible, shape-retaining, and easy to handle
How to wire a 5-pin relay socket harnesspre-wired socket allows for easy installation
This 5 pin SPDT relay acts as either an ON/OFF or ON/ON switch depending on how it is wired. When relay terminal 85 is unpowered (by means of a low-current switch in the OFF position), high power current flows from terminal 30 through 87a. Alternatively, when current is allowed to pass through terminal 85, the relay flips and now feeds power from terminal 30 to the high-current accessory on 87.
- 18 AWG White — 85 relay coil
- 18 AWG Black — 86 relay coil
- 14 AWG Red — 87 N.O.
- 14 AWG Yellow — 87a N.C.
- 14 AWG Blue — 30 Common